internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:09:44 -0400 (EDT)

Scott Lundgren said:
> I realize in light of getting 'grazed' this is truly a peeve than a safety
> issue. Automobile A arrives at a country lane four way intersection
>
>[snip]
>
> Automobilist A concludes they are being nice to the cylists
> Cyclist B is irrated with Automobilist A doesn't know how to drive even at
> a stop

oh no, I *never* bike on country lanes; that's just asking to get killed.

And I don't believe in being nice on the road. Er, what I mean is, I
don't believe in being overly nice, giving right-of-way to the other
person and all that; it just causes confusion with the intended recipient
and with the other drivers on the road who don't know what's going on.

-Alan