internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] tamales

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, s_l AT mindspring.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] tamales
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:23:42 -0400

Do you know the story of how they got them?

Apparently, some City & County (for those who don't know: thats 1 entity in SF, its the "City and County of San Francisco") employees (or contractors, not sure) took a series of chopper rides up and down the length of the state, and when they spied a palm tree of suitable size, they would make a not of where, come back, and offer to buy the tree from whoever had it.

Glad my tax dollars (or, my dad's, since he lives in SF) are paying for stuff like that...

Ian

ps: Isn't it now also something like Herb Coen Memorial Drive or something? In addition to being the Embarcardero?

pps: New Years Eve there in 2002 was crazy go nuts...i was 20 feet from a headless signal light (it was headless after people knocked off the signal and then swung from it suspended by the wires), and some ppl what climbed up on the lights that went out way over the street...it was fun