internetworkers - [internetworkers] Food>Definitions>Chinese

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Food>Definitions>Chinese
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:04:47 -0400 (EDT)

...back to the "regularly scheduled programming"

Anyone know of a website or a small book with the definitions of all the
Chinese food? I did a search online and couldn't find anything useful.

[BTW, don't click on the first Google listing for a search on
"descriptions Chinese food" -- it's a redirect to e-cookbooks.net and
doesn't offer any definitions]

I love Chinese cuisine (and Japanese more recently), but I always forget
what is what. It makes ordering out a pain. I like the Mexican
restaurants that include definitions in the menus (although I'm still not
sure how a burrito differs from an enchilada); I wish Chinese restaurants
would do the same.

-Alan