internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:00:05 -0400

[mailto:internetworkers-
> bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Diana Duncan
> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:47 AM

> Anyway, that's enough. I guess my point is that while SQL is not
> inherently difficult, even experts can make mistakes and it's maybe
not
> the simplest thing in the world. :) I wouldn't be surprised if I made
> a mistake here myself!

I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to get busted on those ;-)

Thanks for the corrections!

BTW, my overall mistake in approach were: 1) I never actually tried the
code; 2) I changed the example a lot while writing it and didn't go back
to get all of the SQL consistent. I noticed it myself on a later review.

This is where peer review is good for us and where knowing that you may
be reviewed is positive.

Cheers!