internetworkers - [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:10:18 -0400

Craig and I are realizing that we may have lost a whole bunch of CD's recently...I had put together a case of CD's to labor to, and we can't find it anywhere. Obviously, these are favorites of mine, so I'm pretty upset to have lost them. I've even called the hospital, but it's not in their lost and found. So, my question is, would it be OK to ask our friends to make copies of ones that they have? I mean, we *did* buy the CD's in question once, and still have the jewel boxes to prove it. Why should we have to re-purchase them? It was something like 20 albums, which would be mucho expensive to replace, even at $9.99 a album from iTunes.

Thoughts? Should I post a list of the missing titles? Or would that possibly land me in court?

Diana