internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:27:35 -0400

Diana Duncan wrote:

Craig and I are realizing that we may have lost a whole bunch of CD's recently...

if you do put together a list, you might want to add a description of the box they were in and spread copies around to the used CD stores near the site of the loss. the combination of titles, plus the container is probably sufficiently distinctive to ID the set.

used to work in some of these stores, and a surprising number of lowlifes were apprehended this way. sometimes the same folks who were also featured in our video surveillance outtake reels.

sometimes they were trying to sell still-sealed copies of stuff they'd just shoplifted at another store.

brilliant like a featured perp on "COPS".

--rt