internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OK to replace lost CD's with copied ones?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:26:08 -0400

Diana Duncan wrote:
So, my question is, would it be OK to ask our friends to make copies of ones that they have? I mean, we *did* buy the CD's in question once, and still have the jewel boxes to prove it. Why should we have to re-purchase them? It was something like 20 albums, which would be mucho expensive to replace, even at $9.99 a album from iTunes.

What did the shrink-wrap license agreements on the CDs say?

TaB