internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UNC summer reading

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UNC summer reading
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

.:In some studies I've come across about brain function, it's been posited
.:that brains function better on math, science, etc. activities in the
.:morning and more language-based functions in the afternoon. Of course I

Sounds reasonable, but I smell bias. The more likely general conclusion
would consider "mornings" and "afternoons" based the individual's daily
cycle, not the sun's relative position. Ie, if I get up at noon, my
math/science abilities should be more pronounced early in my day, with
language-based abilities coming to the fore later on (say, after the
mid-wake-cycle-meal ["lunch"]).

Assuming, of course, that there's anything to the study's results in the
first place...

--sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)