internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:00:17 -0400

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Happy Hacker keyboards.
http://store.yahoo.com/pfuca-store/hhkblayout.html
Sun Type 5 vs HHK
http://store.yahoo.com/pfuca-store/hhkbsize.html

The caps lock is replaced with control (you get caps functionality with the
fn key) short (so if you reach for the mouse the distance is not as far), no
numeric keypad. The original HHK comes with all 3 cables for connectiong to
PC (PS/2), Macintosh (ADB), and Sun SPARC. The Lite version has dedicated
arrow keys and comes in PS/2 or USB versions with USB plugs (for numeric
keypads I guess). It's been a while since I've used the one my friend had so
I can't say anything about their "bounce" but there's a graph of the
pressure vs stroke distance of the keys.

- SL