internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <jason AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:20:52 -0400

At 01:10 AM 6/20/2003 -0400, Sil Greene wrote:

Reported 03.06.19 19:51 from Michael Winslow Czeiszperger:

.:And while we're wishing for better keyboards, how about one without the
.:numeric keypad. In programming I never use it, and makes the reach for
.:the mouse on the right excessive. Unfortunately for some reason 99% of
.:keyboards seem to come with this keypads, and I've rarely if ever seen
.:anyone use it.

I use it occasionally, but I agree about the reach. What if we put it on
the left side?

I work with a lot of financial numbers on a routine basis - a numeric keypad makes life so much easier.

Some companies offer separate USB numeric keypads for laptops, etc. Alternatively, just do like the laptop and some other modern keyboards do, and assign the numbers to the alpha keys,(in a keypad layout) and activate them with numlock. That way you get a smaller keyboard, but convenient access to the keypad when necessary.

Jason