internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] sun type 6 keyboard (usb) on mac?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:51:25 -0400

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 05:20 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:

A couple of quick questions for people who:

1) /like/ Sun type 5 keyboards

That would be me.

2) have used type 6 keyboards

That would not be me.

I'm in the same position-- the old Sun keyboards just feel good, and I've got an old type 5 to use, but no cheap way to hook it up to OSX. And while we're wishing for better keyboards, how about one without the numeric keypad. In programming I never use it, and makes the reach for the mouse on the right excessive. Unfortunately for some reason 99% of keyboards seem to come with this keypads, and I've rarely if ever seen anyone use it.

Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man!
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC