internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gregory Woodbury <ggw AT wolves.homeip.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:39:32 -0400 (EDT)

"It was written once upon a time (by Steven Champeon):"
> So contact your ISP and have them assign you rDNS for your IP that
> doesn't resolve to
>
> durham-ar1-4-64-253-233.durham.dsl-verizon.net
>
> AFAICT, it's no different from the tens of thousands of open proxies
> running on all the other DSL/Cable/dialup hosts out there. And though
> I, too, lament the passing of the old 'Net with all of its trust and
> gentle ways, I also lament the massive waste of time spent fighting spam.
> And I'll take what measures I can to prevent that waste.

Well, it's not an open proxy nor is it easily hackable (well
administered, y'know) :-)

And Verizon wants too much money for static IPs and custom name service.

But up until September, I had no problems with mail delivery directly,
then AOL and RoadRunner blocked dynamic IPs and it was practically over.

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury `-_-' Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us U