internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] First in flight?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] First in flight?
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:56:52 -0400 (EDT)

I for one am ordering a sweet potato plate! first in flight AND sweet
potato -- who can argue with that?
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/html2001/Bills/CurrentVersion/Ratified/House/hbil1745.full.html
http://www.ncfb.com/daily2001/Dec_2002/sweet_potato_license_plates.htm
http://www.kinston.com/Details.cfm?StoryID=7828

support our state veggie

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, K. Jo Garner wrote:

+On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
+->Unfortunately, emblazing the catchphrase on all of the state license
plates is
+->a bit presumptuous and borders on fraudulent. At the very least, it
indicates
+
+Well it shouldn't say first in flight, after all, that distinction must
+have belonged to some gnat or microscopic bug somewhere else...
+
+->I don't think we can expect a great one, like D.C.'s "Taxation Without
+->Representation" or New Hampshire's "Live Free Or Die." I would just like
one
+
+
+DC doesn't have that phrase on their licence plates any longer.
+
+->that is mostly truthful, incontestable and singular, instead of a motto
only
+->technically truthful and demeaning to the achievements of a fellow state.
+
+Our motto is Esse Quam Videre. Let's put that on there!
+
+Cheers
+KJ
+
+---
+Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
+You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
+To unsubscribe visit
+

Paul Jones
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071