internetworkers - [internetworkers] divs and spans and style sheets, oh my

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] divs and spans and style sheets, oh my
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

whoops.

I guess I slipped up there when I put 'standards compliant' in the subject
line. I *did* read the article. I even spent a lot of time wondering how he
could get away with having it not validate. But I guess I just got too excited
about the fact that he mentioned:

"Positioning footers is a huge Achilles heel of absolute positioning. It is
ridiculous that you cannot embed three absolutely positioned columns within a
master div and then position a footer below that master div. This is a well
known problem of absolute positioning and there are a few workarounds, none of
which are very elegant."

- which is a problem I've had on my own site. And I kludged together something
that doesn't work very well. Glad to see he has similar problems (apparently
amongst many others according to steve ;)).

But, I thought I'd continue in the vein of the discussion:

http://www.uie.com/Articles/meyer_interview.htm

An interview with Eric Meyer. That should be pretty standards compliant. :)
(and yes, I realize he actually doesn't talk about coding any particular site,
but I felt I needed to do a little redeeming).

jdw

=====
http://tax.yahoo.com