internetworkers - [internetworkers] standards compliant, tableless code on ESPN

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] standards compliant, tableless code on ESPN
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

My friend sent me this interview of with the art director of ESPN.com
regarding
their decision to make the front page tableless and div centered. Way to go
ESPN!

Most relevant points:

forward compatibility of content - makes the content infinitely reorganizable
(with different style sheets) for future browsing devices.

tough love - making old, non-standards compliant browser users upgrad their
crappy old program

Things I'm sure many of us have considered and/or are actively pursuing. Nice
to see a big player take the plunge too.

jesse

PS: Thanks to everyone who wore nametags at the last event! It was really
great
to see folks out and not have to say, "Hey! It's great to see you.... uh....
again!" I know matusiak and mthomas got some time with the SILS population
that
came. hopefully we'll all benefit from that shared knowledge.

jdw

=====
http://tax.yahoo.com