internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Dave Matusiak's Taboo Reaction

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Steven Champeon)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Dave Matusiak's Taboo Reaction
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:07:20 -0500

While this is all very interesting (if completely and utterly useless)
I wonder if we could be bothered to stop carrying on like this here?

Not only is it unlikely that anyone will win a dispute over a religion
that is so fractured that it contains both snake-handling glossolalists
and icon-worshipping animists, but it's also very unlikely that abusing
one another will help change anyone's minds.

I'm with Thomas - the surprise with the shuttle is that it took almost
an entire generation for another accident. The questions to be answered
will likely be answered months from now, in independent committee. We
can only hope that there's a Feynman around, like the last time, to cut
through the bureaucratic bullshit and get to the truth of what happened.

Of course, 2 + 2 = 4, which in this crowd could apparently mean that it
was Xists from 6th Street in Austin who shot the shuttle out of the sky
with raybeams carefully disguised as tamales.

Steve,
for the dissent

on Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:54:01AM -0500, Robert wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Asking someone "Were you born this ignorant or were you just dropped on
> your head as a child?" isn't exactly the Christian thing to do, at
> least not the way I was raised to understand Christianity.
>
> I applaud Dave for raising the questions that make others so
> uncomfortable.......
>
> my .02,
>
> Robert
>
> > I pray for people like him every day. He really needs it. I shudder to
> > think what someone must have done to him at a young age to make him so
> > bitter and hateful.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier