internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Dave Matusiak's Taboo Reaction

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Robert)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Dave Matusiak's Taboo Reaction
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:58:47 -0500

While a government conspiracy wasn't the first thing to leap to my mind as
the cause of this incident (as it did in the very untimely Wellstone death),
the question did cross my mind of how would the Bush administration use this
"tragedy" to further their own agenda.

I don't think this is an irrational leap or fear, seeing as how the Bush
administration used 9/11 to give George W. Bush a mandate that he did not
earn in the election booths and the ability to push through some pretty
heinous legislation unchallenged (USA Patriot Act) that would never been
passed without the 9/11 tragedy.

Robert