internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Favorite online music sites?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Newby <gbnewby AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Favorite online music sites?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:25:47 -0500

Webcasting restrictions make it difficult for user-configured
radio stations. Some that used to be that way (like dead.net)
turned it off because they couldn't hack the reporting and licensing
requirements, or the costs.

That's why you don't see stations like that - not technical
problems, but legal ones.
-- Greg