internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Favorite online music sites?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Deborah Ellington <deborah AT invincigirl.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Favorite online music sites?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:55:39 -0500

On 1/22/03 15:53 PM, "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com> wrote:
>There is STILL something like the original sonicnet offering. Launch.com,
>which
>is actually now a yahoo property. Based off the same idea as Sonicnet, you
>set
>up a few artists/genres that you like based on a sliding scale (pretty cool
>widget when it first came out in 1998, still pretty cool now), and, as the
>music goes on, you rate the stuff you like and block the stuff you hate.

That launch.com thing seemed really cool. Until I went through the whole
process of customizing a station, only to get this message at the end:

Sorry, your set up does not meet the system requirements for a Macintosh,
which are:
Platform: MacOS 8.5 or higher (Not Mac OS X)
Browser: Netscape Navigator 4.5 or above (Not Netscape 6.0 or higher)
Player: Windows Media Player Version 7+

The hell? They couldn't have told me that when I first selected "Customize
your station"? (I'm running Mac OS X with Safari & IE.)

Deborah Ellington
Multimedia Developer
Instructional Design & Development
Elon University