internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:15:45 -0500

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 08:22 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

I have a friend who attends UNC and she had a knitting circle with friends. Apparently there are now socio-political-feminist undertones to the knitting circles not to mention a certain amount of stereotype busting going on (She says there are two guys in the group as well, though it is still predominently a gal thing.)

How do we know there didn't used to be political-feminist undertones in older knitting circles? :-) I used to crochet, but it was so long ago I can't remember the difference between that and knitting.

Maybe guys need to start whittling clubs? :-)

Knives are good. I like knives.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is nothing to be ashamed of.
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC