internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bob Kucera" <bob.kucera AT verizon.net>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:18:35 -0400

Some Dell preloaded hard drives had a hidden partition which allowed
recovery with a program called zztop. If when you do the fdisk and format
there is a problem with disk space not being correct, or when you do the
Linux install it may become apparent; you can then go to the Dell support
site and download an executable which takes the hard drive back to the day
it came out of the factory; before any OS was installed. Then start over.

Bob Kucera
(919) 602-5503