internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom AT plik.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wiping an OS off a PC
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:19:51 -0400

I generally do the last option. My laptop right now is split 1/3rd
WinXP, 1/3rd Linux, and 1/3rd FAT32 shared data space where My Documents
et all lives. You definitely don't want to run Linux on FAT32. You would
actually have to run something called UMSDOS which runs on top of FAT.
FAT32 doesn't support file ownership/permissions/etc.

Regards,
Tom

Bill Geschwind wrote:
| Would Linux play nice with win2k if win2k were installed in a separate
| partition with NTFS and Linux were by itself in its own FAT16 or FAT32
| partition? I take it Linux supports other file systems as well? How
| about have a system partition for each OS in their "preferred" file
| system and then a common FAT16 or FAT32 partition for data?
|
| - Bill

- --
$Id: .sig,v 1.17 2002/08/21 13:12:32 tom Exp $

pub 1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom AT plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B 9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F

"It was funny with coffee. Sometimes it did nothing for
him, and actually made him weak. But sometimes it really
made him feel like God."
- from "Miguel", short story by Dan Bern