internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:05:58 -0400

On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 12:43 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:

Grab yerself a copy of Macstumbler once you get the laptop:

http://homepage.mac.com/macstumbler/

I found some dozen or so wide open nets just driving from my office to
my house; I'm sure there are thousands of them around RTP. YMMV.

Thanks for the tips, especially about YDL. I've been using Linux for my main machine for a couple of years, but was seduced back to Apple by the powerbook hardware :-)

--Michael