internetworkers - [internetworkers] Cleaning out the MacOS 9 closet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Caugherty <caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Cleaning out the MacOS 9 closet
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:27:10 -0400

Hey all --

I'm in the process (however slowly) of remodeling our
basement office, and I have a bunch of old Mac software
(OS 9, not OS X) and other assorted goodies that are
only taking up space. No reasonable offers for any
of this stuff will be refused.

There are two sections to this list: Stuff I think is
worth at least a few bucks (gotta finance Jaguar and
Office v.X somehow), and stuff that probably isn't.
If you are interested in anything from the LATTER list,
speak up! Within a week or so I will be THROWING AWAY
ALL of the items in the second list if any remain unclaimed.

All items are 1 CD-ROM each unless otherwise indicated:

Things That Might Have Value:
-----------------------------

WWDC 2001 DVD Collection - 7 DVDs of Quicktime movies
for the entire proceedings of 2001's dev conference, from
the Jobs keynote to.. well, everything else.

Microsoft Office98 for Mac (runs well under OS X)

Adobe PageMill v3.0

Roxio Toast 5 Lite (probably not an option under OS X/Classic)

Quicken Deluxe for Mac

Lismoresoft's Blue Label Power Emulator (x86 emulator,
NOT for use in OS X/Classic mode either)

Norton Utilities for Mac, v3.5 (CD and floppy)

SoftKey's Key Fonts for Mac (3 floppies of TrueType fonts)

Aldus Type Twister (one floppy containing a poor man's
graphics package for adding effects to text)

Ask and Ye Shall Receive (got skeet?):
-------------------------

Myst (yep, part one) for Mac

MkLinux for Power Macintosh, book and CD

SuSE Linux beta for PowerPC

Metrowerks CodeWarrior development environments:

CodeWarrior Professional for MacOS and WinNT, Release 3 (circa '97-'98)

CodeWarrior Professional for MacOS and WinNT, Release 4 (circa '98)

CodeWarrior Professional, Release 1 (circa '97)

CodeWarrior Academic Pro Release 9 (circa '96)

Grolier Encyclopedia, 1-disc edition ('98)

BeOS Preview Release 2 disc for PowerPC

Microsoft FrontPage 1.0, Mac edition

Williams-Sonoma Guide to Good Cooking (doesn't work
under OS X/Classic, otherwise I'd keep it.. sigh..)

WWDC freebies: Borland JBuilder 5 preview release,
CodeWarrior Early Access CD, Apple Web Publisher's
Toolbox (demo versions of various apps). The CodeWarrior
CD says it 'expires Oct 15 2001', but it does have a patch
for CW version 6.2, so who knows, you *might* want it..

Comanche Mac (game, blow stuff up in your chopper, circa '95)

Correct Grammar for Mac (floppy, circa '91)

Assorted MacAddict and MacWorld CD and floppy freebies

-----
and finally, if you know someone who has the Visioneer Vx PaperPort
scanner, I have the floppies containing drivers and apps. I have
no idea why they're here..

All help appreciated,

Dan Caugherty -+- caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com
"..if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and dirty
..and say to yourself, 'Dijkstra would not have liked this', well that
would be enough immortality for me" - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

  • [internetworkers] Cleaning out the MacOS 9 closet, Dan Caugherty, 08/17/2002