internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeni Grant <jeni.grant AT pobox.com>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, David R. Matusiak wrote:

: RE: Mac OSX - i would suggest wiping the disc ('cause it will come with OS
9
: installed as well) and doing a fresh install of OSX. maybe you will be
lucky
: enough to get a copy of Jaguar (OSX 10.2)??

OSX uses OS9 for its "classic mode," since not all Mac apps support OSX
(yet. or ever.) If you know you'll only be using things that are OSX
compatible (or you can compile yourself), then you don't need OS9. If you
think you'll ever be using anything from the Classic Mac realm, I'd leave
it installed.

I love OSX, though. It was a great day when I was able to bring up a
command line from an Apple interface. Two great tastes together. I hear
that Jaguar is supposed even better, getting even closer to the potential
that is OSX. Figures that Apple is quickly getting close to the perfect
OS (*dons flame retardant gear*).

-jeni-

--
all those things / that you taught me to fear / i've got them in my garden
now / and you're not welcome here --poe, "control"

geekchyk.org // jeni.livejournal.com // photos.geekchyk.org