internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Caugherty <caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to take a wireless laptop?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:50:52 -0400

- addition of (deprecated) Java Bridge to allow Java apps
to use Cocoa

I've just read a little about Cocoa and was curious about the Java bridge as a
way of writing a docklet. What do you mean "deprecated"? Apple isn't going
to support the bridge any more?

More accurately, they'd rather you don't use it. The documents
at developer.apple.com on the Java Bridge all have "deprecated"
status, and even Aaron Hillegass suggests not using it, unless
you really really want to.

Truth be told, it's not entirely clear what the Bridge's status
is, other than that Apple doesn't want you to rely on it.

So, I'd say go ahead with your plans until better reasoning
can be supplied..

Dan Caugherty -+- caffeine1 AT nc.rr.com
"..if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and dirty
..and say to yourself, 'Dijkstra would not have liked this', well that
would be enough immortality for me" - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002