internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Whisky bars inside the beltline?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Whisky bars inside the beltline?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:15:37 -0400

My favorite affordable scotch that we can actually find here is Scapa.
I like Scapa a lot as well. I also like Old Pulteney (from Wick?) quite a bit, and at $30 a bottle at the ABC store, it counts as an affordable single malt.

If anyone finds it in an ABC around
here, let us know...as it is, we have my parents bring us a bottle from Ohio
whenever we see them.
The ABC system is good advertisement for the evils of monopoly. If it's not on the master list you can't get it, and if it's on the list but the store doesn't already have it, you have to buy a case to get them to special order it. :-( To make it worse, the state protects its monopoly by banning the delivery of liquor (ie., you can't buy liquor using the Internet). My out-of-state trips almost always include a visit to the liquor stores to look for those things that the state of North Carolina refuses to sell me or let me purchase from somebody else.

PS, if you like Lagavulin, have you tried Laphroig?

Like David, I love Lagavulin. I like Laphroig as well, but I find Lagavulin to be more rich and complex. I really like Ardbeg, which is even peatier than Lagavulin or Laphroig, but since I can't get it in NC, I am making the bottle I got in California two years ago last as long as possible. :-)

Paul