internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Whisky bars inside the beltline?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Whisky bars inside the beltline?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:08:26 -0400

I'd have to add that Craig's opinions are the result of some very determined
scotch collecting and drinking we engaged in over the years. There was a
time (oh, back in the days when we actually made money) when we had a whisky
closet with about 50 bottles in it. Alas, no longer...but we learned alot.

My favorite affordable scotch that we can actually find here is Scapa. It's
fairly sweet (but not caramely), with a heather nose and a bit of peat. It's
from Orkney, I believe the only distillery on Orkney. My favorite affordable
scotch that we can't find here is Glenrothes, which is similar to a Macallan
18 in taste but better, and cheaper. If anyone finds it in an ABC around
here, let us know...as it is, we have my parents bring us a bottle from Ohio
whenever we see them.

And, as Craig broadcasted, my all-time favorite is Ben Nevis, which I got my
once-yearly taste of on Thursday. Heaven!!

Diana

PS, if you like Lagavulin, have you tried Laphroig? Seaweedy, heavily
peated, personally I'm not a fan anymore but I used to enjoy it.