internetworkers - Re: Logo Liscencing on the Internet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Logo Liscencing on the Internet
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:09:26 -0400

I was under the impression (given by a corporate lawyer) that a corporation
can't allow any use of a trademark if they are aware of the use. It was
noted that they would have difficulty disallowing some use while allowing
some other use if they went after the bad guys. So businesses play it safe
by disallowing all use of their trademark.
Perhaps a change of laws is in order so this wouldn't be an issue.
Roger (in RTP)