internetworkers - RE: WRAL Site Redesign

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: WRAL Site Redesign
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:43:11 -0400

I whined to their feedback location (once I finally found it on the new
site) and this was returned:

<message>
Thank you for visiting the new edition of WRAL.com, and thanks for your
feedback.

We're sorry you are disappointed. It's always a risk to try and improve
something that so many people use and like. But we thought it was just
as risky not to try and make it better. Lots of our viewers seem to want
more information, and want quicker, more direct access to it.

This is a work in progress. I hope you'll be willing to give WRAL.com
another try, and please keep telling us what you think. It's only
through feedback like yours that we can serve our visitors better. We
are working online and on-air to earn your loyalty.

Michelle Singer
Senior Editor, WRAL.com
msi AT wral.com
</message>

From what I gather, they have joined some national portal site which
runs a number of other sites to offer "better service and more ecommerce
revenue capabilities". It is time to move on to other sites IMHO. I
assume they dumped people so they could save money and become more
efficient. This is not a move in the right direction from my point of
view, but what the heck do I know?
Roger (in RTP)