internetworkers - RE: WRAL Site Redesign

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: WRAL Site Redesign
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:06:05 -0400

I sent in a comment several days ago bitching about the many problems on
the site, and got almost the same exact response as previously posted here,
word for word. Sort of feels now like one of those sweepstakes letters
where your name has been printed in to a form letter to try and make it
seem more "personal." I doubt anyone on the other end is really
listening. Very sad. Some gullible management person got sold a 1998-style
portal concept sans any actual impact studies as to their readership....
and I'm quite sure the outsourcing contract doesn't allow for backing out
of the changes. I will sorely lament the old site. Suppose I should be
happy we had it so good for so long.

PC the lurker

"Welna.Sarah"

<welna@niehs. To: InterNetWorkers

nih.gov>
<internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc:

05/21/01 Subject: [internetworkers] RE:
WRAL Site
04:13 PM Redesign

Please

respond to

InterNetWorke

rs

Thanks for the info, Jason, Mary Beth and Roger... I was too
discouraged to give WRAL any feedback, but now I think I will give it
a shot.

Also, were they not an award winning website with the previous design?

Sarah

> ----------
<snip>

> There you go. I remember them being a little tight-fisted while I
> was
> there, but I guess it's only gotten worse.
>
> Whee.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, 21 May 2001, Marybeth Lackey wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > The webmaster (Julie Moos) responded almost immediately, asking
> for more
> > info. I believe she's local, because I've sent her an email
> before in the
> > course of my job.
> >
> > I am really hoping the new design is temporary. It really is bad.
> > ---
> > Mary Beth Lackey
> > Internet Manager
> > Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
> > http://www.raleighcvb.org

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
$subst('Email.Unsub')