internetworkers - Re: Hole in the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hole in the web
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:43:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Thomas A. Beckett wrote:
-> Damn straight, Snow, that Courtney Love speech kicks ass. I've never
->been a tremendous admirer of the woman -- until now. Her critique of
->the music industry monopoly is dead on and strangely articulate.
->Everybody go read it now.

Of course, before you go getting your groove on to Courtney Love, might I
suggest a look at Nick Broomfield's "Kurt and Courtney" that documented
(a bit unorthodoxically, I admit) Ms Love's rise to fame on the coattails
of you-know-who. I wouldn't be surprised if she's getting her
articulateness from someone else. But hey, I just don't like the woman.

Cheers
Kelly Jo