internetworkers - Re: Hole in the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Acipa Media Inc." <Info AT acipamedia.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hole in the web
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:21:57 -0400

I've been downloading music files all morning and making some cool cd's!

Here's to new music industry business model!

Steve S..

At 11:39 AM 6/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
Speaking of Courtney Love, I've been reading this transcript of her recent speech about record labels, Napster, etc. It's really interesting if you've been following the Napster debate at all. She says Napster isn't piracy; it's just kids sharing music like they always do, and anyway the sound quality is crummy.

What's piracy, she says, is the huge cut record labels take. She welcomes napster because it gets the word out, but she wants to dump her label and start distributing the records herself over the Web, like Aimee Mann just started doing. I thought it was a very convincing attempt to shift the terms of the debate.

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/index.html

Snow T.

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct

---
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: info AT AcipaMedia.com