internetworkers - Re: Hole in the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hole in the web
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 17:41:17 -0400

Okay, I will admit that the Courtney Love has some good points. But I do
believe that artists should retain the rights to what they have created but
that's solely their decision to go with a major--not ours. Those labels
aren't sticking a gun to their heads and forcing them to sign their lives
away. I personally don't think that the big artist have any room to
complain; they've made their money. So let her break contract and start her
own label because I'm tired of the whining.

> Lots of musicians go into producing because there's more money in it than
> playing. Makes you think, hun?

Where did this come from? I'm sorry but this statement is false. Musicians
go into producing for artistic control of a work. Money is secondary. Good
producers like control. I'll be happy to show you this behavior in a number
of studios in the area...

There's a lot of activity going on in the music industry right now. I don't
agree with the "napster is our savior" mentality that's going on. I don't
think that righting the injustice that labels may or may not have committed
is a proper excuse for stealing tracks. If any of you would like to
understand where I am coming from, drop me a line.

Uzoma