internetworkers - Re: Hole in the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Stonham" <jmstonham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hole in the web
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 19:25:37 GMT

Damn straight, Snow, that Courtney Love speech kicks ass. I've never
been a tremendous admirer of the woman -- until now. Her critique of
the music industry monopoly is dead on and strangely articulate.
Everybody go read it now.

I, too, thought Courtney made some excellent points. (And, I have to admit, I also found her to be "strangely articulate." *g*)

I'm glad someone here brought up Napster, as I have been giving this little phenomenon quite a bit of thought over the past couple of months. (I've been using the service/software for about half a year now, and I am a huge fan.) As someone who both uses the "product" and is always on the look-out for new start-up possibilities, I foresee a tremendous amount of opportunity here utilizing Napster and Napster-related tools (such a Wrapster).

As such, if there is anyone else out there who has been using Napster, is familiar with the issues surrounding the product and is interested in exploring a Napster-related start-up, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at: jmstonham AT mindspring.com.

regards,

JMS