internetworkers - Re: Hole in the web

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hole in the web
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:37:53 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:49pm Today, I heard Thomas A. Beckett say :
> Damn straight, Snow, that Courtney Love speech kicks ass. I've never
> been a tremendous admirer of the woman -- until now. Her critique of
> the music industry monopoly is dead on and strangely articulate.
> Everybody go read it now.

It's just worth it to hear an artist speak out against the record
labels.

Funny thing is, Courtney isn't the first - Prince (the Artist Formely
Known as the Artist formerly known as Prince) tried to get out of
his contracts (Warner was screwing quite badly, I'm told) but changing his
name. And even *THEN* they fought to keep him in their stable. Hmmm.

Heard about the party he's still throwing now that his contract
expired?

Lots of musicians go into producing because there's more money in it than
playing. Makes you think, hun?

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --
Matrix: "Gun, Death Blossom mode." - Reboot, Ep. 324