homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tis the Season

  • From: Raymond Zentz <rayzentz AT aim.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tis the Season
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:01:50 -0500 (EST)

I would have preferred a bit more land, but other factors were just about
perfect, so I can't complain.

I hadn't thought about espalier, but that is a good idea. Could perhaps have
a few more trees that way... hmmm...

I was initially thinking about lilacs, and more grapes, densely planted along
the fence line. intertwined trees would also do well at keeping out unwanted
guests.

I am planning on building a platform on the roof, as well.

"What is that platform for, Mr Officer, Sir? Why, to observe the stars."
"The sandbags around it? Why, to keep me from falling out, of course"

;-)

Ray