homestead - Re: [Homestead] A change in media, and hair color

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A change in media, and hair color
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:18:12 -0700

Body henna or pure henna can be used. The compound henna has metallic salts in it and you can't. The ex's sister was a beautician and auntie's eldest daughter. I had it all pounded into my little pointed brain long ago <g> However, it is a personal body chemistry thing too, so you should do a little test on some hair at the nap of your neck so if it doesn't work for you it is easy to snip out.

The smell is short lived. It is the smell of doing it that drove me to always do it outside. Loved the shine and texture after I'd done it!

Oh, and vaseline all around your face, ears and neck. It stains far longer than Clairol, etc.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT gmail.com>

Actually, I think I knew about dik diks, too. I have bouts of amnesia though.
Yeah, the body art henna is apparently the way to go with this. My only reservation with a henna attempt is that my hair is dyed now. There seems to be conflicting information as to whether or not you can use body art henna on dyed hair, I think you can, but I am not sure than I am willing to risk my best asset on it.
The smell-that is something I also read about. I read one sight that says ginger or cardamom will remove the scent. Apparently, some folks like the smell. How long does it make your hair smell afterwards?