homestead - [Homestead] A change in media, and hair color

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A change in media, and hair color
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:44:01 -0400

Since I've been bitching about the mainstream news, I thought I should provide a bit of balance.

http://www.happynews.com/category/environment.htm

Note that there are other news categories besides the environment.

If you have a soft spot for baby animals, try zooborns. Who knew there was an antelope called a dik dik? It is even educational!
Dik diks and aye ayes, who knew??

http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/dik-dik/

Some of you already know this, but in my leisure, I've decided to dye my hair red.(It is blonde now) My natural color is a medium ash blonde, but right now it is very blond because I dyed it a few months ago. I just got a wild hair<g>, had a mid-life crisis, whatever, and decided that I need a change. Red will match my skin color and my freckles. Anyway, April and I have been discussing henna. Is there anyone else on the list that uses henna to redden their hair? I'd love to hear of your choices and experiences.

Bev

--
EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses