homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crohn's Disease

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crohn's Disease
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:33:18 -0700 (PDT)

I am sorry to hear your daughter in law is ill with Crohn's.,

The only first hand info I have is from 30 years ago,,,, one Crohn's patient
came in to remove a small section (about 8") of small intestine that wasn't
functioning properly.  I do not have any idea if the surgery helped the
patient.  If I recall correctly, that patient was on steroids (injected), and
after years of injections, the injection sites on her arms had turned the
flesh
pretty hard.