homestead - Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:38:42 -0400

My house was built before the county was electrified. There is spring water
piped to the house, but I have a well, so I've never tested the spring water
see how well it flows or even if it's drinkable. Now there's a fun project
for a lazy summer day! I also have an outhouse. I cook with
gas and heat with wood. Having a freezer full of food would be a pain, but I
have a generator to keep it frozen until I could can it or otherwise use it.
People lived in this house without electricity in the past, so I'm sure I
could
survive, too.

But boy would I miss the internet. I can't imagine the culture shock it would
be for the people with the cell phones glued to their ear! Like my daughter,
they'd shrivel up and die without constant electronic contact with their
friends!

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA