homestead - Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:25:03 -0700

I've marked off a couple of rectangles in the garden. I'm digging down, o.k., o.k., DH and Son #3 are digging, I'm supervising <g>, about 18". I'm setting old fridges and freezers in two rows in each rectangle. Now, around the edges I've pounded rebar and put 2x12"s around it. Then I bend cattle panels between the two sides to make the hoop. Over the top the usual plastic.

The freezers are insulated, so the dirt doesn't get all the cold and doesn't freeze. I'm hanging grow lights in two rows over the two rows of freezers.

I've used them outside and they grow BIG veggies and lots of them! I filled two paper bags with jaleapeno peppers out of the small freezer. 6 plants. I love my freezers <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

Would love to hear more about this project. :)