homestead - Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] TEOTWAWKI
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:43:45 -0500

I think I'd miss my internet more than anything else that depends on modern
technology. But if it were a true TEOTWAKI situation, I'd have plenty to do
to keep me busy. Hopefully, in such a situation, I would not still be
having to get to work, spend the day at work, and then go back, which is
what uses up 90% of my time now. I'm only on the internet during the
remaining time because there's not enough of it left to do much else.

But as far as water goes, we are situated very well for that with gravity
fed spring water. That could be subject to change if an earthquake
rearranges the underground conduits, though. So there isn't the smug
feeling of invincibilty there ;) Seems life likes to prove me wrong when I
say 'never', so I've learned to refrain.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)