homestead - Re: [Homestead] A nomads life

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A nomads life
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:29:34 -0700

There is a whole network out there and folks who do what is called boondocking. It is places to stay without cost. For example, in CA there is The Slabs and a few dozen other places. If you have a self-contained trailer or whatever, then there are WallyWorlds and a couple of gas stations allow overnight "camping" in their lots.

For "on the cheap," there are usually fairgrounds and they usually have shower facilities, etc. I know, even up here in "You Can't Get Here From There" <g> the fairgrounds has complete shower and bathroom facilities, a black water dump, WiFi and satelite t.v. hookups.

There are a couple of boondocking and Full-time RV groups on Yahoo. They'd be able to tell you where just about everything is that is inexpensive, cheap or free.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <rayzentz AT aim.com>

I am not familiar with that term, except for living in the boondocks (which, actually, I never understood either, except to mean "out in the boonies"). If by that, do you mean out in the woods? Yes. the current plan is to camp in improved campsites until next week, when we will be going to BLM land, and doing REAL camping. Of course, that depends a bit on weather. We may also stay at improved sites until school gets out, in three weeks.