homestead - Re: [Homestead] A nomads life

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A nomads life
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:19:54 -0400

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM, <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

> Having been totally burned by freaking dishonest, lying slumlord landlords
> one time to many, we are now officially homeless, and camping for the
> summer. No rent, no utility bills, no TV, no annoying telemarketing calls.
> Saving the money we would give to those freaking dishonest, lying slumlord
> landlords, and make a down payment on a place in the fall.
>
> Should be quite the adventure...

Indeed. And stories for a future book co-written w/ your wife. Best of luck.

We just put our farm up for sale. Hopefully someone is coming to look in a
couple weeks, but we'll see. We want to start over nearby w/ LESS. We want
less house & less land (we built an addition for a live-in 24/7 client who
just moved out after 4 years - 36 acres too many), less fruit trees to
maintain as we age, and less dependency on AEP (elec. co.). To achieve that
we aim to do a solar grid-tie on a small home. Finally, the end result will
be LESS mortgage--a small one w/ a small payment that will be paid off long
before we're feeble & failing.

Live and learn.

Change is in the air for many of us on the list.

Lisa
sw VA