homestead - Re: [Homestead] Communications

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Communications
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:53:48 -0800

I can use either with com-pair. "They" wanted it set up as IMAP and I happen to like POP3, so I went back in and changed it to POP3. <g> Much easier to set up folders, etc.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

You have to find out from the company that hosts your email (ie. com-pair.net) if they are POP3 or whatever.

Odds are they are POP3.

Then in the email program Thunderbird (or Outlook, etc) you
usually set the email access settings.

incoming mail.<yourISPmailco>.com
outgoing POP3.<yourISPmailco>.com

or incoming IMAP.<yourISPmailco>.com
and outgoing POP3.<yourISPmailco>.com

Thunderbird might be able to figure it out all by itself, it did the last time i did a set up.