homestead - Re: [Homestead] Communications

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Communications
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:31:58 -0800

Isn't Thunderbird a POP3 or is it one of those IMAP things?

Lynda, who does NOT like IMAP!

I've used Thunderbird since its inception, many years now. I love it.
I used Outlook at work before, but now we have made the jump to web based mail, which is also an Outlook product(MS Exchange-Office Outlook Web Access) and I don't know anyone at my workplace who thinks it is a good thing. The decision came from corporate, and in the opinion of many, they just jumped from the frying pan into the fire. The only positive thing I can say is that now, when I log in from home I choose the light option due to being on dialup. It is nice to have that option. What a contrast it is, too, to go from 100 MBps+ at work to 19.2 KBps- at home.

Ok, here is a dumb question...(this whole POP3 thing confuses me)
Is there a way to dump all my yahoo mail into my Thunderbird so that I never have to log in and use the Yahoo pages, just their mail server?