homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 23:36:05 -0500

On 2/4/2010 9:02 PM, Gloria Morris wrote:
And I finally decided that, if it comes down to it, in the event of
some major catastrophe that ends grid power for all time, I will
revert to living as my grandparents did, without power. That is what I
do when the grid fails now anyway.

The older I got (get) the more I could see the sense in reducing the load to near zero. In a conversation with several others yesterday we all agreed
that the bit of power we'd miss most would be that which powers our computers.... But we (that particular group) have all been around since before
Eniac, so if we don't have computers, we'll not be too injured; some experience the bonus for getting older.

SJ