homestead - [Homestead] Shaking the grid

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Shaking the grid
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:29:47 -0500

I'm not an off grid homesteader. Sometimes I wonder if I'd even make
it into the homestead category, if it existed and had a hard
definition. I just do my own thing and like to be self sufficient.
Like not having a wood burner that needs electric power, etc.

Some of my plans for losing power are just to not really need external
power. Just keep it an optional thing.

I'm reconsidering this a bit. I'd like to create some power so that I
could lose external power and still keep some of my basic electrical
things going. Lights for sure. Maybe the well pump.

Is anyone off grid here or partially off grid? I'm really kind of lost
as to where to start.

Rob - Va