homestead - Re: [Homestead] He loves the little children....

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] He loves the little children....
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:41:52 -0800

The talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, etc. foo foo the brainwashing comparisons saying "oh, little kids don't remember any of this." I have to laugh and wonder if I am the only one who remembers being a kid. I have vivid memories of my dog being hit and killed when I was 4. I remember the priest giving my aunt the last rites when I was 6. I remember kindergarten and being called a spic and a wetback. I remember lining up like a good little guinea pig for the polio vaccine when I was 5. And, I remember all the songs and poems we were taught, including those from before kindergarten, in kindergarten and 1st grade and most of one in 2nd grade: On the 18th of April in '75 hardly a man is now alive that remembers that famous day and year and the midnight ride of Paul Revere. One if by land, 2 if by sea . . ."

I'm not sure which of the groups teaching these songs bother me the most. There are now 4 or 5 out there of kids in schools *after* Shiny Things election. Probably more, but I've only found 4 or 5 so far. However, I think the ones that the parents were involved in bother me as much, if not more, particularly if you look at the faces of the parents in this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTBq_ybkBmI&feature=related

Or the Kids For Obama one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_OEepGvIc&feature=related This one is rather obnoxious and I don't think appropriate to use the voices of children with the pictures that were used in this campaign video.

But the ones of high school kids might as well be the little brown shirts of Germany! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onXd8iH3OVQ&feature=related

Now, I know most folks watch about 30 seconds of these things and then click them off. Watch them to the end. The camo boys are all about selling Obamacare! Is that what taxpayer dollars going to schools are for?

Lynda
-- "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>